Monday, April 6, 2009

Maine Maple Sunday (Faux Real)

I love going to Jillson's farm in Sabattus for Maine Maple Sunday. We wait in line (sometimes in the rain) and pay $10 a person to get wedged into a corner just to taste the sweet syrup drizzled over pancakes, bacon, biscuits, eggs, potatoes, beans, and more. This year we didn't get to go and made up for that by having our own when Caroline and Cate were here. We didn't get the variety but we had food and family and that is all I need!

As you can see, Cate really likes Faux Maine Maple Sunday. (actually I think I was being roared.)


Dad's secret to the best pancakes is cooking them after you cook the bacon. That way they sit in the bacon grease. Sure my arteries may put up a fight but my belly is happy.

This was my dad's dish. Three pancakes with two eggs over medium on top. With syrup over the whole thing. I think there may have been some bacon in there too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad to see that someone else puts eggs on their pancakes (well, my dad and I put them in between the pancakes) and then adds syrup! People always look at me like I'm disgusting when I do that.

Of course, I look at them the same way when they drown their eggs in ketchup...