Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Fall Harvest Bread

I love when a bread recipe makes two. One for me. One for you! For me, the best part of baking (besides gorging on delicious treats) is sharing the love.

I gave a loaf of this bread to my in-laws and heard praise for three days!! I will definitely make this bread again! My next batch will be for a brunch for girls from the Maine Nest. I think they are really going to like this! Pumpkin, apples, cranberries, and pecans...you can't go wrong!!


Pardon the bad lighting in this photo but I wanted to show off the little tags that I include on most of my goodies. The finishing touch that makes it extra special (besides the love...that is what is so special about my baking!).


Fall Harvest Bread
Source: Good Things Catered
Yield: Two loaves

1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. light brown sugar
1/2 can (or 7.5 oz) pumpkin puree
2 large eggs
1/4 c. oil
1/4 c. applesauce
1/4 c. milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 medium apple (I like granny smith) peeled, cored, and diced
1 c. fresh cranberries
1 c. chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 9x5 loaf pan or 5 mini loaf pans(or can sub muffin pan or double recipe for cake/bundt pan).

In large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt and whisk to combine. In another large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil, applesauce, milk, vanilla and stir to combine well. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just barely blended. Fold in apples, cranberries and pecans. Spoon batter into prepared pan (it will be all lumpy - don't worry).

Bake for 60-70 minutes (35-40 minutes for mini loaves) or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool on wire rack completely (makes the slices much more clean.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are hoping that the Fall Harvest Bread becomes an annual tradition around Turkey Day @ 190.

betting_im_not said...

I made this bread tonight after finding it on Pinterest. It's amazing. Thanks for sharing the recipe!