Friday, October 8, 2010

Chocolate Walnut Fudge

I wanted to make chocolate fudge. Really, I wanted to eat chocolate fudge. I looked around and found a few recipes to try and chose this one first.

Then, I felt like a cheater. Sure, this fudge was creamy and delicious and I definitely ate my fair share. Yeah, people at my office thought it was tasty. But this isn't REAL fudge. This isn't the fudge that you cook the sugar to a certain temperature and you slave over it. It was actually really easy to make. Which is good. But I wanted to really accomplish something...you know?? Do you think I'm crazy? I just might be. My quest for fudge continues.


Chocolate Fudge with Walnuts and Marshmallows
Source: Food Network
Yield: 2 dozen pieces

1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow cream
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup marshmallows
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Line an 8 by 8-inch pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.

In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine marshmallow cream, sugar, evaporated milk, butter, and salt. Bring to a full boil, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly until thick.

Remove from heat and pour in the milk chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. Top with marshmallows. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours or until firm. Cut to small squares and wrap parchment paper.

No comments: