Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bake for Hope



Hope is hip. Hope is dope. Hope is happening.

I'm beyond excited to be holding, to my knowledge, the only Bake for Hope event in the state of Maine. This is a nationwide event being held in cities and states during the week prior to Mother's Day. What a way to show our mothers, daughters, sisters and friends that we care. All money raised locally stays local. That means that whatever I raise at my Bake for Hope event will go to Komen Maine. It helps the women here get mammograms. It helps educate the people in your community. That is what I love.

I anticipate having about 25 volunteers baking goods for me to sell on May 6th at Higher Grounds in Hallowell. If you are local and you would like to volunteer please drop me a line bldvdb at gmail dot com. If you are local and you want something delicious please stop in! We will have breads, pies, cakes, cookies, brownies, coffee, espresso, laughs and love. This is going to be amazing...I can promise that. Please do you part and pass the word on. Check out www.bakeforhope.org to see if there is an event happening in your area.

Those of you that know me in real life know why I do this. For those of you that don't know, I do this for my mother. I want everyone to know about her. I want people to know that because she didn't survive doesn't mean that she isn't a hero. My mother is my hero. She was the strongest and most wonderful mother in the world. She told me all my life that I was the light of her life and now she is the light of mine! This is my passion. My belief is that EVERY SINGLE PERSON needs to be educated. I'm sick of audience targeting. I'm sick of fluff and stuff. This is real. This is a horrific disease. It is never going to go away. Prevention IS the cure.

1 comment:

Alex Theberge said...

Got your email information! -- wishing you the best of luck with this!

I'll pass this on to the powers that be. ;-)

I will post information on our site with a link here if that's okay.