Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A (non) White Wedding

If you know me in real life you probably already know that my dad got married over the weekend. My sister and I made the cake and put together quite the spread of food.

Putting together the cake. Chocolate with vanilla buttercream decorated with fresh native strawberries and peonies from the garden.

The official taste tester and mess maker.


Everyone LOVED the cake. This is my new favorite chocolate cake recipe. From Cooks Illustrated. Moist but not too dense.


This is the spread of appetizers. Three different dips, veggies, olives, antipasto plate, shrimp cocktail...I think that was it!


This was my favorite of the three dips, Garlic Thyme. Just mix up a package of cream cheese with 1/2 cup of sour cream and add 1 T chopped fresh thyme and chopped garlic with some salt and pepper. Oh so garlicky and flavorful. Recipe from Bon Appetit.


The other two dips were baked potato (chives, cheddar, bacon and sour cream), and cucumber yogurt (my second favorite).

Gorgeous veggie platter!


Caroline stopped on the hill in Providence and bought stuff for the antipasto platter. Four kinds of olives, marinated mozzarella, provolone, capicola, prosciutto, mortadella, and salami. Oh. My. God.


I grilled some veggies for my special vegetarian.


Oh and then there was the booze. Lots of it! People had gin and tonics, vodka and homemade lemonade, mojitos, long island ice tea, margaritas, and then Cara was whipping up some odd ball shots. I wasn't daring enough to try any!

The happy couple. We sang and danced well into the evening. Even the bugs couldn't keep us away!

The whole family minus grandkids Casey and Cate. We're a good looking bunch!


Here are the grandkids with Auntie and Seth. We are a silly bunch!!

1 comment:

Kacey said...

That cake looks awesome! Nice meat!

P.S. Love your shoes! :)