Friday, October 2, 2009

Roasted Tomatoes

Don't know what to do with all those cherry tomatoes from the garden? Yeah, you can do sauce. Yeah, you can do salad. I suppose you could do some sort of canning if you're into that. But what about slow roasting them with olive oil, garlic, thyme and salt? Oh yes. I do suggest this one!

I served this over rice because Seth could live on rice. He loves it. You could serve it over pasta as well or even on crostini as an appetizer! You could also add different herbs like oregano and basil.

Enjoy the freshness my friends!



Roasted Tomatoes
Source: Martha Stewart (I think...I cut it out of a magazine and I think it was hers)
Yield: depending on what you are doing with it...4

1 pint cherry tomatoes
3 cloves garlic, smashed
2 sprigs of thyme
2 T olive oil
Salt and Pepper

Combine all of this in baking pan and cook at 300 for 30-40 minutes. I broiled mine for a couple minutes to get a very light char on the tops of the tomato skins. Serve over rice or pasta.

No comments: