Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Resting my ring...

What do you do with your rings when you make pie dough? Or bread or cookie or anything dough?

My wonderful, handsome, punk hubby gave me this ring rest in my stocking last year. It is handmade by a local potter and I love having a specific place to plop my ring when I don't want it to get doughy.

I have clear and great memories of my grandmother's old hands; swollen knuckles and freckled skin with her wedding ring stuffed with biscuit dough. Every time I look at mine and I see that dough in the crevices of my diamonds I think of her and her jewelry. Mostly I think of her biscuits that no one can quite replicate.

7 comments:

Jules said...

I love the little pot for putting your rings in. I always stash mine in the ornamental scales I have in the kitchen.

BlueJeanGourmet said...

actually, I always *forget* to take my ring off and so end up scraping dough, etc. out of it later.

I've got a lovely, tiny ring-rest next to my bathroom sink, but nothing in the kitchen...may need to remedy!

Stef said...

Such a cute idea! I always go upstairs and leave mine by my bedside before I start to bake.

Sarah R said...

Maybe that's what I should ask for for my anniversary - I've lost mine a few times (found it though, thank Goodness!) after shoving it in my pocket and then throwing the pants in the wash!

Nicole from: For the Love of Food said...

Nice dish! I keep mine underneath the corner of the microwave..right above the oven.

pookiepantry said...

The only time I take my rings off is when I make meatloaf. Go figure, you'd think I'd just leave it on, lol :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I recycled the glass lids from candles I've recieved as gifts. I keep one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom.