Monday, August 23, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream

Long name. Amazing results. Whose commercial is that?? I can't remember but as I was typing the title for this post I thought of that commercial.

This is chocolate ice cream. Plus peanut butter. Plus peanut butter cups. You heard me. This was amazing.

I find no reason to buy ice cream when you can make it at home. Some of the stuff in the store is cheaper but the quality of homemade ice cream is supreme. Plus you know what is in there!

I wish I had a big bowl of this right now.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
Source: Adapted from Joelens Blog
Yield: 8 or so servings? but I'm pregnant so it served me like twice. Ha!

2 cups half & half
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup granulated sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup peanut butter cups, frozen and chopped

In a large pan, whisk to combine the half and half, cocoa powder, sugar and salt. Heat the mixture, whisking frequently, until it comes to a full, rolling boil and begins to foam up. Remove the pan from the heat and add the peanut butter, whisking to blend thoroughly.

Refrigerate the mixture to chill thoroughly, then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. After churning, fold in the candies into the ice cream and transfer mixture into a freezer safe container. Freeze overnight to ripen before serving.

1 comment:

VegeCooking Club said...

I LOVE anything chocolate and PB. This looks to DIE for!!