Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesdays with Dorie: Berry Suprise Cake

This is my very first Tuesdays with Dorie challenge as well as my very first recipe baked from her book, "Baking From My Home to Yours". This recipe was chosen by Mary Ann of Meet Me in the Kitchen blog. This isn't a cake I would normally make. I'm Belgian. I like chocolate. Sure I like berries. Sure I like fresh whipped cream. But put all of that on a rich chocolate cake and then I'm a happy girl. However, my husband isn't a fan of chocolate like I am so he really enjoyed this light cake. I am positive that the cake part of this was a flop. You are to beat the eggs to triple their volume and then fold in the dry ingredients. I'm quite sure I lost a great deal of my volume there. Despite that I think the cake was quite tasty!


**Edit**
My husband has brought to my attention recently that I have ADD. I have a hard time reading things online and my good frind K told me that in the TWD rules you aren't supposed to post the recipe. OOPS. Sorry Dorie.

9 comments:

Danielle said...

Your cake looks amazing great job.
I lived in Belgium for 3 years!

Sihan said...

that looks like a major success! and *groanz*.. i'm so in love with the snowfall.

Unknown said...

AWESOME AWESOME pictures !! This looks like it was a great success for you and it looks so scrumptious!! GREAT JOB!!

Unknown said...

OMG, how pretty. I love the stand!!!

chocolatechic said...

You lost me when I saw your pink cake stand.

I want it.

Ivette said...

Your cake looks really good and what a beautiful background!

hannahkinley said...

I love the cake and backdrop of snow. What an amazing idea. My cake didn't rise or "triple in volume" either but yours sure does look tastey

Pamela said...

WELCOME to TWD! You did a great job. Don't worry, I'm sure that something full of chocolate is in our futures! :o)

Cooking for Comfort by Jennifer said...

What a beautiful backdrop for such a gorgeous cake. Nice job!