Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tuesdays with Dorie: Chocolate Gingerbread Cake

Wooohoo! I've made it through two TWD challenges. This recipe was picked by Heather at Sherry Trifle and you can view the recipe here. Thank goodness for staff meetings. We always have a potluck lunch for our monthly meetings and this provided me an opportunity to get the cake out of the house! (Believe me, I'd like to keep it in the house and eat cake for BLD but I don't know if my rear end would fit out the door.) I heard a lot of positive feedback from my coworkers regarding this cake. One girl asked for the recipe so she could make it for her husband for Valentine's Day!

I liked the taste of this cake. I enjoy ginger and I, of course, enjoy chocolate. I struggled a bit with the icing for this. It was extremely runny and when I poured it over the top of the cake it ran over the sides and pooled on the plate. I poured it back into the bowl to cool. Now, it is cold in my house, 49 degrees to be exact. You'd think that stuff would have thickened up a bit. No luck. I ended up leaving the messy, thin icing as it was.

I apologize for the messy picture for this post. It was a rough and cold morning at 179 and I didn't have the patience to take a decent picture.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your gingerbread looks great. I'm glad it was a hit at the office.

Pamela said...

Looks good to me. Your co-workers are going to be LOVING you if you keep sharing with them. Great job!

Danielle said...

Your picture looks great as well as your cake great job!

Anonymous said...

Even though your icing was runny, your gingerbread looks wonderfully tasty!

Mary Dunn said...

This Chocolate Gingerbread Cake was so good Brianne! We at the office did love it!