Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mac and Goat Cheese

Do you like goat cheese?

I do. A few years ago I was convinced that I hated it. Now it is one of my favorite foodie delights. Weird how your taste buds change or your palette develops...or you just become more open to other foods! I remember when I was a kid I hated quite a bit of stuff. Did not like mayo. Did not like butter (me??!!). Picked the breading off fried food. Wasn't a fan of Mexican food. Now I will try just about anything. Just don't expect me to eat steak or brains or testicles...ewww...ick...nasty.

I liked this mac and cheese but I probably won't make it again. If I am going to splurge and have mac and cheese...it better be worth it. Cheesy and gooey. This has tomatoes and spinach as well as walnuts. The weird thing was that I brought this to work the next day and the walnuts had turned the noodles purplish. Why? Can anyone answer me?! WHY? That is not appetizing.

I apologize for this picture...terrible lighting and I was in a hurry.

Mac n Goat Cheese
Source: Rachael Ray Magazine
Yield: 4 servings

3/4 pound macaroni pasta
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
One 9-ounce bag spinach
Salt and pepper
6 ounces goat cheese, broken into chunks
3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted

1.In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water, and return to the pot.

2.Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden, about 4 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, spinach and the reserved pasta water and cook until heated through, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir into the pasta along with the goat cheese. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle the walnuts on top.

1 comment:

Christina- MINDFUL LIVING said...

your husband posted your blog link on runnersworld and I have been checking out all of your recipes- you are quite the cook...definitely saving this recipe to my "to make list" haha....LOVEEE goat cheese.!