Friday, January 8, 2010

Portabella Sandwich

Hi friends.

Do you like mushrooms? How about fresh, warm, crusty rolls? Yes? Herbed Boursin cheese? Now I have your attention?

I saw this recipe in Hannaford's Fresh Magazine which you can get for free at any Hannaford supermarket. For the most part I skim through their magazine. Not too much for a vegetarian in there. The recipe defintiely caught my attention and I am so glad it did!

Grilled ciabatta rolls with marinated and grilled portobello mushrooms, boursin cheese and baby arugula. Oh yes. I loved these as did my husband. I served ours with oven fries. A healthy vegetarian meal.


Grilled Portabella Sandwich with Arugula
Source: Hannaford FRESH Magazine
Yield: 4 sandwiches

3 T EVOO
2 T fresh lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
S&P
4 large portabella mushrooms, stems removed
4 ciabatta rolls
1 package garlic and herb cheese (I used Boursin)
2 cups baby arugula or watercress

Combine oil, lemon, garlic and S&P in small bowl. Place mushrooms in large pan and pour marinade over them. Allow to stand at room temp for 10-15 minutes.

Grill mushrooms until charred and tender, 4-6 minutes per side. Grill rolls. Spread cheese on one half of rolls. Thinly slice mushrooms and top cheese with them followed by the greens.

3 comments:

Keri said...

Outstanding! Really! One of these days, when you have a minute, stop by my blog. I'd be honored to have you as a friend and/or follower! Keri (ada Sam)

HamletScrummed said...

I make a similar sandwich, only the marinade I use is a balsamic vinaigrette. And I don't use a bulkie roll because I don't like that much bread on my sandwich.

Portobello mushrooms are the best substitute for a hamburger!

Shut Up and Cook said...

This looks great! Here's a similar recipe I did which also includes arugula but which also adds in roasted red peppers and onions.

Let me know what you think!

Meatless Wonder: Grilled Portabella Sandwiches with Roasted Red Pepper and Onion Medley http://wp.me/puWta-9k