Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tofu pudding

I am tsk tsking myself over this post. Do you want to know why?? I made this vegan pudding for Thanksgiving. That is how long it has taken me to upload this photo and write some text. Another reason?...this photo stinks! I'm so sorry readers. You can slap my hand if you think you need to. It wasn't that the pudding wasn't good enough to be here. I just got caught up in some of the other stuff...and I was so disappointed in this photo. This was pre-flash so the lighting really stinks.

I loved this pudding. I really did. I ate for days after it was made. One spoonful here and there. I actually wish I had some for my breakfast right now.

Don't be scared of the tofu, you can't even tell it is in there. It actually enhanced the pudding by making it extra thick and creamy. I love the little hint of spice with the chocolate. Extra yummy. I will definitely make this again!

Vegan Mexican Chocolate Pudding
Source: Stylish Cuisine
Yield: 4-6 servings

3/4 cup sugar
1 pound silken tofu
8 ounces high-quality bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
Chocolate shavings (optional)
In a small pot, combine sugar with 3/4 cup water; bring to a boil and cook until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.

Put all ingredients except for chocolate shavings in a blender and purée until completely smooth, stopping machine to scrape down its sides if necessary. Divide among 4 to 6 ramekins and chill for at least 30 minutes. If you like, garnish with chocolate shavings before serving.

No comments: