Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Fake and Cheese Bomb

As vegetarians we still want to eat the good stuff like a steak and cheese, although the thought of eating red meat makes me want to throw up. I threw these together one Sunday night. Perfect for watching my boy Rajon Rondo in high def.

You still get the feeling you are eating a steak and cheese but I subbed the meat for marinated and grilled portabello mushroom. On top is sauted onions and peppers and on top of that is cheese. Now, I'm sure you have noticed that the cheeses are different. My husband will only eat fat free cheese. I think it takes like rubber and I love full fat cheese. I had swiss. He had rubber.


Fake and Cheese Bomb
Source: ME!
Yield: 2 bombs

Awesome rolls
2 portabello mushrooms (marinated in soy sauce, garlic, EVOO, Worcestershire, S&P)
1 onion, sliced
1 pepper, sliced
Cheese

Grill the mushrooms and slice very thinly. While the mushrooms are cooking, saute the onions and peppers in a bit of EVOO. Pile it all high on the roll and top with cheese. Pop it under the broiler for a minute or two.
Oh yeah.

1 comment:

Kacey said...

Some ideas for your next tattoo...

http://www.yummytattoos.com/