Friday, August 19, 2011

Frozen Summer Berries with Warmed White Chocolate

This one is for Brandi who is tired of reading about baby food!

Brandi, I hope you like white chocolate. If so, I suggest you go find some berries.

I saw this on the Fromogette blog and knew I needed to make it this summer. Not only did it look delicious but those frozen berries looked really photogenic, and they were.


These berries are all local. Awesome, right??  The strawberries and raspberries are from Litchfield. The blueberries are from my house and my father's house. The blackberries are from Dresden. Each little berry is perfection. So dang yummy.


White chocolate melted with some heavy cream to pour over the berries. YES PLEASE!


Bliss.


Frozen Berries with Warmed White Chocolate
Adopted from The Fromogette
Yield: One serving

A cup of mixed local berries, frozen and then left to thaw for 5-10 minutes
2.5 ounces quality white chocolate
1/4 cup heavy cream

Melt the chocolate in the cream over double boiler. Pour over berries. Wow.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Love this idea! I saw this on Barefoot Contessa:) The photos are gorgeous