Saturday, July 3, 2010

Roasted Gahlic.

Garlic. How I love you so. Let me count the ways.

1. Some how...you are good for me.

2. I love that slight burn of you when you're fresh.

3. I adore the mellow, almost sweet flavor of you roasted.

4. You're beautiful.

It is so easy to make roasted garlic. And it is like getting an extra gift...garlic flavored olive oil!!


I like to keep a dish of roasted garlic in the fridge so I can smear it on whatever my heart desires. In the mornings I will put it on my English muffin before adding a fried egg and thick slices of tomato. When I make potatoes I will add a big spoonful for a little kick. For a snack I like to spread it on fresh bread with a big slice of mozzarella.
Divine. I feel so fancy.


Roasted Garlic
Source: ME!
Yield: I dunno. Enough for a few different things?

1 head garlic
Olive oil

Cut a little less than a quarter of the top off the garlic, just enough to expose all the cloves. Put that in some sort of dish, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt. Cover with foil and roast at 350 degrees for a little under an hour. Cloves will become golden and soft. Let it cool and then the cloves pop right out of their shell.

Save the olive oil for bread dipping or anything you would normally use olive oil for.

No comments: