Tuesday, July 27, 2010

S'mores Bars

You must make these. If you are a man and you can't bake...tell you wife, your girlfriend, your mother, your aunt. If you are a woman and you can't bake...you can bake these. They are super easy to do and are oh so wonderfully sticky and delicious. Bring them to a party or a picnic and people will fall all over you.

Yeah, they are THAT good.

Of course I have no willpower and I sunk a spoon into them after cooling about ten minutes. They are so wonderful warm but they are really good cooled too. Wait for them to cool so you can cut them without making an absolute mess.


S'mores Bars
Source: Real Mom Kitchen
Yield: 16ish

1 stick of butter, room temperature
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 king-sized Hershey’s milk chocolate bars
1 large egg
1 jar marshmallow fluff (the small glass jar...I think it is 7.5oz)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (6ish full-sized graham cracker sheets, processed til fine)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan (I line my pan with foil for easy removal and cutting). Use an electric mixer to cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Set aside.

Meanwhile,whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to the creamed butter mixture until combined.

Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. (I had to flour my hands to keep them from sticking to the dough.)

Place chocolate bars over dough. 2 king-sized Hershey’s bars should fit perfectly side by side. (I had to trim a little off one bar to get mine to fit.)

Spread chocolate with marshmallow fluff. Place blobs of it on the chocolate and then spread it around.

Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff. You could roll it out if you chose but I just pressed it lightly with my fingers.

Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Be sure to cool completely before cutting into bars. Makes 16 squares.

2 comments:

Bruce L. said...

Looks like one I'll have to do up for the wife and kids. Whenever I fire up the grill they want to roast marshmellows for S'mores! This should keep 'em outta my hair!

Bruce L. said...

This recipe is truly a gem. I threw them together real quick to bring to a BBQ at my In-Laws; they barely made the drive there intact! My grocery assistant (my 4 year old daughter) insisted I get the chocolate graham crackers and it made a wonderful substitution. I’m going to try the next batch with raspberry fluff and see how that turns out, my kids are already pestering me to make them again.